The purple prince had it right when he wrote this in the 1980’s and yet we still waste time arguing and fighting instead of living life to the full. Don’t get me wrong I learnt the value of a good fight and whilst I am cursed with not having the advantage of height my heritage and the little Irish blood I have makes up for what I lack. Ludwig you taught me the way of the warrior and that you cannot fake experience. The thought of one day passing to the other side of the river Styx and spending an eternity in Valhalla to wake each day to a new battle is an enduring thought I have and in my corporate battle one I hold onto.
In the dojo we bled and in that brotherhood of blood we found our true selves and our true friends. Each morning I wake and when I feel the plate in my broken ankle warm up I think of the scars I bear and am more proud of them than the ones I carry from fighting for a war that was lost before it even began. They are a reminder of the brotherhood we forged.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment